Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Sunday 8 November 2015

Sunday Show & Tell. Colouring green with pencils.

Like many of us, I love to colour. And yes, I seem to collect various mediums to feed my hobby. Now anyone who knows me will know my preference is Copic markers. And I promise I will share tutorials using them. But today I thought I would just share colouring leaves with Spectrum Noir pencils.

I started colouring the back cover of my new colouring book and thought why not take pics to show you what I do.

 So I chose these four pencils. I always choose at least 3 colours. A dark, medium & light but will often choose 4 or 5 to get a good effect.
This is what I've done so far and here's how I did it!

 So I start with the darkest. I don't over think it when doing relaxing colouring. I just put the darkest where I want the leaf to be dark!
 Then I use the next pencil going over the dark using small circular motion.
 Then the next doing the same as above.
Then I go over it all with the very lightest. To get a smooth look I use a blender pencil over the leaf to finish.

And that people really is all I do! 

When colouring with any medium I follow this same idea choosing 4 or 5 colours from dark to lightest. Some mediums like Copics I work light to dark while with pencils I work dark to light! There really aren't any strict rules. Go with what you feel suits you best.

Enjoy colouring! 
Take care Zo xx

3 comments:

Bev said...

It's really Interesting to see how other people work. I always start light lol fab job tho Zoe x

Kyla said...

You always make it look so easy!!
Kyla

Neet said...

Thanks for that - and I didn't expect it to be with pencil crayons. I have a great set so will be able to have a go at this now.
Hugs, Neet xx