Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 12 October 2015

I am determined!

Today is weigh-in day. The day I check my progress with my Slimming World journey. I started back in Feb and have lost 9lbs. I did lose a stone, but that was through illness so it went back on once I started eating again!

It's not so easy for me; I can't do the exercise to go with the food plan. I would do better I know if I actually stuck to the plan all of the time. I do sneak the odd treats in. 

Why am I talking about this? Well my daily Q & A journal asks - 

One word for today.

My word has to be Determined. 

I am determined to lose some weight. I know it will benefit my body. Perhaps helping to ease some pain and improve the way I move. I joined online at http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/ I knew I wouldn't be able to attend a group regularly cos of my conditions so online was perfect for me. You still get all the support and resources. You can join in on video chats, forums and there's the recipe menu that inspires.

Diet Cola chicken has to be one of my favourite recipes. I do tweak it taking out things I don't like and adding what I do. 

The plan is easy to follow. 

I try to fill out the planner daily on the website. It helps keep track of free foods, syns and healthy extras. It's amazing how much free foods there are. I actually end up eating more while I'm sticking to the plan than when I don't

The plan works. Even with little exercise.

But you do have to be disciplined and determined.

Take care Zo xx

 

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I can't see all of the first paragraph because of an advert, but I get your drift! And yes I agree, if you do it, it works! Our consultant says that exercise is a bonus to tone you up, not to contribute to the loss. I think we worked out that you have to do about four zumba classes to lose a slice of bread!!

Neesie said...

No adverts blocking me reading your post Zo,
Although I didn't really want to think about dieting... I'm in denial at the moment, but I know the scales will be screaming soon.
You've done brilliantly and I'm sure you'll reach your target ;D

Elizabeth said...

Good on you, Zoe ... wish I had half your determination :) You're doing incredibly well and I'm sure you will keep going. Hugs, Elizabeth xx