Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Saturday 30 May 2015

Starting my album...

So you all know it was my 40th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out to be a very memorable week. I celebrated my birthday with friends, family, WOYWW desk dashers and at Wembley with Bristol Rovers. 

At the WOYWW crop many said I should do something to document that week. A few years ago I bought an album from Paperchase. It is a decent size with black pages. I decided I would use this album so I set about designing a cover for it. The black and white flag design wasn't quite right! So here's some pictures of what I've done so far - 
This is the original cover design.

This is the cover I've designed. It's a mixture of digital & paper. I've included some photos from my birthday, my actual birthday badge is now stuck onto the front. The letters are from a Dylusions set. I coloured them with a blue Copic then covered with Mod Podge clear to finish. I had fun with glossy accents too.

It's hard to see the various layers and textures I've added. 

I've used Craft Artist Pro to do any digital work. I intend to mix actual papers and embellishments with those I've printed. Here's my first page. It's shows the meal out I had with my best friends.  
Again a mix of digital and paper. There's washi tape, a doily and accents. I used a white pen to journal. 
I love spectacles and buttons and often use them as accents to pages. Words too. 

I'm looking forward to filling the album with photos of the week, I'll include my tickets from Wembley and will add ATC's from the crop too. There are a lot of pages so I can fill it to bursting to create an album of wonderful memories! 

I will share the pages over the following weeks as I do them.
That's it for now.
Take care Zo 



5 comments:

Helen said...

oh, Zoe, it's going to be so fabulous! Love the cover. Look forward to seeing some more of the pages as you do them. xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo! Fab idea....love it already :-)
LLJ xxx

Hettie said...

Well done you. I saw this on FB so wanted to pop over. This is absolutely gorgeous and love your specs.
Hugs
xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, fab start Zoe, love the idea and I think the black pages are a real gift of a base. Love that you have so many things to include from the same week.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is amazing, I would love to be able to do this, I am pants at digi stuff other than clicking print :0) hugs Pops x