Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 30 September 2013

My mum's cards

Last Friday was my mum's birthday.  We spent the morning at Dobbies, the local garden centre, where we had a lush breakfast, mooched about and bought some Christmas presents including some for Baxter!!

Anyway on WOYWW people saw a glimpse of my mum's card so I thought I'd come back and share them properly with you. There are three - one from me, Keagan and my dad. My dad jokes he has an existing order that runs from year to year to cover every occasion where he needs a card for mum. 

Firstly my card - 


I used card and toppers from Hunkydory. I also used my clay molds from Stampin'Up to make the white flower embellishment.


Next is the card from Keagan - 

I used Party Paws bundle from Crafter's Companion to make this large decoupage stand-alone shaped card. I added chipboard letters 'Nan'. 

I love the layers and the finish to this decoupage.

Now for the card from my dad - 
I created this card from scratch. I used Coredinations card and vanilla card from American Crafts. I used my A4 Embossilicious folder from Crafter's Companion to create the fuchsia background. I added the black web before layering the vanilla card that had been embossed with the Anna Griffin Rose embossing folder. Then I punched out the butterflies with a punch I've had for years. White lettering and pearls and gems finished it off.


So there you go, mum's cards for another year done!
And more importantly she loved them.
Take care Zo xx






7 comments:

Bring Me Sunshine said...

Wow - they are amazing. Your Mum must be thrilled to receive such beautiful cards, especially made for her.

Liz said...

Lovely cards! I know your mum will treasure them. Hugs xxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow Zoe gorgeous cards love them all am glad your mum was pleased with her cards. Love Alison xx

Peanut said...

Your Mum will be so happy! These are lovely cards, Zo.
xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

Robin said...

Wow! Those cards are awesome! Who wouldn't LOVE them. To me, the card in its self is the real present. Beautiful work on all of them! Rasz

Robin said...

I just left a message but I think it got lost???? Well, I will leave another. Your cards are amazing and I think that the card itself is the real present for any occasion. I love your beautiful work!

coops said...

stunning cards for your mum zoe.your designs are beautiful :D

xx coops xx