Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 23 September 2013

Home For Christmas

I recently made some DT samples as requested by Nikky, Polkadoodles very own talented boss, and now that I know they have safely arrived I can share them with you all.

I made three different cards using the new Home For Christmas collection - I tried to use different elements from the CD and took them into Serif Craft Artist to create my own toppers & so that I could layer embellishments and digi images.

 
This first card I absolutely love, even if I say it myself, I created the basic shaped card using papers and images from the cd. Once happy, I printed off the house three times. I matted and layered the base topper onto my card base taking time to cut the card base to the shape, before adding all of the layers. I also tripled the layers of the holly and added the heart to reflect the sentiment. Glossy accents make the berries shine!


The layers created some real depth, and as you can see I added some sparkle. So easy to do, but so effective I think.

The next card is simple design using only a few elements from the cd - 


Again in Serif I digitally chopped up an insert to create my background, then I positioned the santa black and white digi just off the page. I printed it off and layered it onto gold card. Then I coloured the santa with a mix of markers choosing a vintage blue colour.  This card is flat but adding shadows to the images and sparkle brings it to life.

The next is an easel card - 

Again I used Craft Artist to create the backgrounds/toppers and to print off multiple embellishments.


Layering up the holly embellishment created a perfect stopper for the easel.


I decorated the inside with the same paper as the topper but added the white space and border which was digitally cut from a background paper!

I really enjoyed working with this Cd and feel it's a definite must-have for any Christmas project. I know the rest of the DT are loving it too. It could be the best one yet!!

Take care Zo xx








4 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh my!!! This is stunning Zo! You've outdone yourself, girl!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute Christmas card its brilliant.
luv
Debby

coops said...

wow these are stunning zoe.i love the gorgeous images and your designs are fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow Stunning cards Zoe love the images and designs just gorgeous. Love Alison xx